Monday, January 27, 2014

Tiny Five Petal Filler Flower

I hope everyone's new year is starting off good! My family and I have been battling the Flu for the last couple of weeks. I'm just now starting to get my voice back. In between the kids being sick I manage to do a fun flower tutorial that "everyone" can do! These are great flowers to add  to any project that you are working on. 



What you will need:
-Small five petal punch
(I used my daughter's American Girl punch) 
-Cardstock (at least 65lb. weight) 
-Chalk 
-Stamens
-Needle
-5mm stylus 
-Mold mat 
-Glue



Punch out several little flowers


Take your chalk and shade a small area in the center.


After you finish shading the centers of the flowers, you will need to cup them up a bit. 
Place them on the mat, make sure you have the side that you shaded facing up.
Then apply a small amount of pressure while embossing the center. 


You will need to make a hole in the center to run your stamen through. I used a small needle. Please keep in mind not to make your hole too big, your stamen will fall out if it's too large.

Apply a small bead of glue to the back of the stamen head to hold it in place. 

These are my favorite to make! These flowers are great for small and large projects! 
I used these below to dress up one of my small 2" x 2" envelopes. 


I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial. 
Don't forget to leave a comment below and tell me if you would like to see more tutorials!


Enjoy,
Anna




8 comments:

  1. Very cute Anna, thanks for sharing! Sorry you guys have been sick! Hope everyone gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna. Really cute flower

    ReplyDelete
  3. That you for this flower blog really enjoyed. Hope you are all feeling better that flu is a bad trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute! Please bring more of these because those of us who looked forward to a class would love and appreciate them. Especially the larger flowers thank you! Peony and Large Florina flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this Anna. I hope to see more wonderful ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is adorable, and quick, I love it, and yes i would love to see more tutorials!!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cute. Love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete